Information I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I need your information and how I use it
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
1. As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes or to provide customer support;
2. When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
3. If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
4. As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as a) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide services you requested and in my legitimate interests to improve my services.
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstance, as follows:
1. Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties , but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
2. Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
3. Compliance with laws. I may collect, use retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to; (a) respond to legal process or to government request; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property and safety of my customers, or others.
Where you have signed up to my website as a customer, the information given, whilst it will not be used, will usually be stored on my website as your customer account indefinately unless you request it to be removed or you choose to close your account.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in limited cases. I describe these rights below:
1) Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
2) Change, restrict, delete. You may also have the right to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
3) You can object to (i)my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using the information ir if it is needed for legal reasons.
4) Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact me:
For purposes of EU law, I, Sorrel Sevier, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to me at 31 Felin Hafren, Abermule, Powys. SY15 6NE